About Me


My name is Katie Barlow and I currently live in beautiful San Francisco, California. Born on April 20th, 1983 in Walnut Creek, California, I was born and raised in the beautiful Bay Area. I left for a breif period to go to college in Southern California where I met my wonderful and amazing husband, Eddie Barlow. We now live in the SOMA district in San Francisco. We have an awesome two bedroom apartment close to the financial district and a very cute chihuahua mix named D'artagnan and a cat named xiuxum (pronounced soo-sum). I love living in the city and I love love love my family. The best part about living in the city is going to all the yummy restaurants and trying new food. The best part about being married is getting to cook good and healthy food for the person I love the most, my husband.

I started this blog in the Summer of 2008 as a way to express my love of cooking and overcome my fear of getting fat. I struggled with bulimia for several years during and after college and this blog has helped me relearn how to love, trust, and nurish myself with good yummy food!
Right now my blog is a conglomeration of a bunch of random things but I do plan to narrow my focus in the future...just not sure what I want to focus on yet...there are just too many things to learn still!
Welcome and I hope you like what you see!

If you would like to contact me, shoot me an email at Katielbarlow @ gmail . com

For my full life story and how I developed and overcame bulimia please click on the following links:
For more about my family:
For more about my eating disorder: