Half Moon Bay

Living in the city, Eddie and I do not have a car. It is more of a hassle than anything to own a car in San Francisco so when we moved here we decided to do our part for the environment and sold our cars. We don't miss having a car at all. Everything we could possibly need is within walking or cabbing distance and all of our friends either live in the city as well or prefer to come to the city to visit us anyway so there is really no need for us to venture out of the city. But sometimes we just get sick of being stuck in one place and feel the need to "just get away." When we start to get claustrophobic, it's nice to know that my mom lives an hour away and always has an extra car that we can borrow at our leisure. So we decided to borrow it this weekend, just to have the option if we needed it. So this morning, we decided to head down to Half Moon Bay to grab some lunch and enjoy the unusually sunny weather. We drove down Hwy 1, which has gorgeous views of the ocean.
Like this one....
And this one....
Oooh and look at this view...
How gorgeous is this view!
We also found this weird looking fort thing on top of a hill over looking the ocean. What is this thing??!!

Anyways, once in Half Moon Bay we took some time to walk around downtown ...

Look at the cute shops...

The beautiful art and scenery...
We drove down Hwy 1 a little farther to check out the Ritz Carlton, although we didn't feel like we were rich or snooty enough to even get out of the car and walk around...

Then we stopped for lunch at the Half Moon Bay Brewing Company. It's a cute restaurant right on the water, with lots of outdoor seating so we could bring our dog.

There was a twenty five minute wait so while we were waiting I got a Mavericks Amber Ale, the signature beer. It was pretty good, dark and full bodied. Although I am definitely no beer connoisseur so I really have no idea what I am talking about.

The restaurant was your typical brew co. serving burgers and fries. This one of course had a lot of fish and seafood. I absolutely love love love fish and seafood. I was eyeing the fish and chips because I wasn't feeling like being super healthy today and I was starving and craving something salty. The Brew Co. has three types of fish and chips, traditional rock cod, mahi mahi, and salmon. Unfortunately, like all fish and chips, it comes fried and I don't do fried fish. So I asked if they could do mine grilled and they were super nice and did! So here is what I ate.....It was good, but not great. The portions aren't huge but I like that and even with the smaller portion I wasn't able to finish it all.

Eddie is definitely not the fish and seafood kind of guy. So he got himself a big ass burger.

And here he is full and happy! After lunch all we wanted to do was go home and take a nap. So that's what we did. So much for taking full advantage of have a car for the weekend and getting out of the city. Oh well, I guess there is no place like home.

No comments: