How I Keep Myself Healthy and Fit

I have four simple rules that I live by:

1. I make fruits and vegetables the star of every meal. My breakfast usually consists of fruit with a little cereal, oatmeal, or yogurt. My lunch usually consists of fruits and/or vegetables with a little grain and protein, and my dinners usually consist of vegetables with a little pasta, or meat, or rice. I always try to make at least half of every meal fruit or vegetables.

2. I try not to drink anything with calories in it. I usually stick with water. And I drink TONS of water. If I feel like something else it is usually coffee with a touch of cream, tea, or diet soda. I rarely ever drink fruit juice, or regular soda. I don't drink milk either, but that is more because I don't really like plain milk.

3. I eat at regular intervals. I have a routine. I have breakfast at 8:30am, lunch at 12pm, a snack at 3pm, and dinner around 7pm. This regulates my blood sugar and appetite. I rarely get hungry and I try to never eat to the point that I'm full. I am always simply satisfied.

4. Exercise for me is NOT an option, it is a requirement. I do not exercise WHEN I have time, I MAKE time. Exercise is a priority for me. I do not exercise every day, only three days a week. But I make sure that I carve out time for myself to exercise those three days and rarely do I miss a workout. I also try to make my workouts worth it. I run or do the spin bike and some weights. I do sprints or jump rope. I make sure my workouts are high intensity and hard. When I'm done I feel good and I never feel like it is a waste of time. I also try to make sure my workouts are varied and something that is fun for me. I love running outside or putting my ipod on and zoning out on the spin bike. I HATE weights, or running on a treadmill, so I do these things less often.

How do you keep yourself healthy and fit?

No comments: