Wilted Scallop Salad with Green Goddess Dressing and Toasted Couscous

P1010158

This was a total experiment that turned out awesome! I made up this recipe all on my own! How did I come up with it? Well I had made the green goddess dressing for a salad a few weeks back and it was so good I've been craving it ever since. We got some scallops on sale from the grocery store that we needed to use and had some baby spinach that was about to expire....so between those ingredients I came up with this!

P1010125

I started by making the Green Goddess dressing which uses the above ingredients.

P1010128

I chopped the scallions.

P1010130

Then minced the scallions.

P1010131

Then added one large spoonful of mayonnaise, two large spoonfuls of plain yogurt, the minced scallions, and parsley past to a bowl and mixed well.

P1010132

To this I added some lemon juice, about a tablespoon.

P1010133

and some white whine vinegar, about two teaspoons.

P1010134

add some salt and pepper and mix.

P1010135

Taste to make sure there is the right amount of seasoning, then set aside.

P1010126

Next I toasted and cooked the couscous using the above ingredients.

P1010127

I heated a medium pan with olive oil over medium heat.

P1010136

Then added the dry couscous.

P1010139

And toasted until I was nice and golden brown.

P1010142

Then I added boiling water and covered until all the water was absorbed and the couscous was nice and fluffy!

P1010143

Lastly, I put together the wilted salad using the above ingredients.

P1010144

I used an iron skillet to cook the scallops, but they would be equally good grilled.

P1010145

I preheated the skillet and melted the butter.

P1010146

While the butter was melting I wilted the spinach by putting it in a bowl and microwave it.

P1010153

Until it looked like this. Make sure you squeeze the water out of the spinach and drain it or your dressing will be too runny.

P1010148

I chopped the tomatoes.

P1010149

and cut the corn off the ear.

P1010154

And added both to the wilted spinach.

P1010155

Then I added the dressing and mixed well.

P1010147

Once the butter was nice and melted in my iron skillet,

P1010150

I added the scallops and cook through.

P1010158

To assemble the salad I layered the couscous on the bottom, topped with the wilted salad and the scallops. Yum!

Wilted Scallop Salad with Green Goddess Dressing and Toasted Couscous

Green Goddess Dressing

1 large spoonful mayonnaise
2 large spoonfuls plain yogurt or sour cream
minced scallions
minced parsley
1 tbs lemon juice
1 tbs white wine vinegar
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

Add all ingredients to bowl and mix thoroughly.

Couscous

1 box plain couscous
Olive Oil
Salt
Pepper

Directions:

Heat saucepan on medium heat and coat the pan with olive oil. add dry couscous and toast until golden brown. add boiling water and cover to allow couscous to absorb water. Fluff with fork

Wilted Salad

1 bag spinach
1 ear corn
3 medium tomatoes
Green Goddess Dressing
Directions:

Wilt spinach in microwave, chop tomatoes and cut corn off cob. Mix together in bowl and add Green Goddess dressing. Mix together well.

Scallops

Directions:

Heat iron skillet under medium heat and melt about 1 tablespoon of butter. Add scallops and cook until cooked through, turning once. Add salt and pepper to taste.

To assemble meal place couscous on plate, top with salad, then top with scallops. Season with Salt and Pepper and enjoy.

No comments: