My Favorite Recipe Web Sites

1. www.allrecipes.com

This is my all-time favorite website to go to to find yummy recipes to make for dinner, desert, entertaining, anything! I love this website because it is regular every day people like you and me posting their very own recipes. And all the recipes are rates to you know whether they are good or not! I also like that almost all the recipes have a picture with them so you can see what the outcome will look like. If I ever have an ingredient at home, such as eggplant, or ground turkey, or tofu that I need a good recipe for I just search for the particular ingredients and browse all the recipes until I find the perfect one. They also have a way for you to create an account so you can save your favorite recipes. And if you are so inclined, you can post your own recipes on the website as well.

2. www.foodnetwork.com

I LOVE this website. Almost as much as I love watching the food network! My favorite thing to browse on this website is Rachel Ray's recipes and the top 10 recipe collection on the home page. I will also search their recipe collection but usually only if I am trying to find a certain type of recipe such as bread pudding. These are more advanced recipes with a lot more ingredients usually. I usually only use these recipes if I have a lot of time, such as on the weekends. It's still fun to look at all the recipes though!

3. www.cooksillustrated.com

This website requires a paid membership to be able to take full advantage of it. But it is really great for us "wanna-be" chefs. It is a website that is committed to finding the "perfect" recipe. They do a lot of experimenting with different styles and ways of cooking to find the best way to cook any particular dish. I go to this website when I have a very specific thing I want to cook such as Chicken Tikki Masala, or Peach Pie. They break down all the recipes into very simple, easy to follow recipes that anyone can cook!

4. www.foodandwine.com and www.epicurious.com

I go to these websites when I want to cook a gourmet meal. This is what I cook when I want to impress! I mean even if you look at the "quick and easy" section you'll find recipes for beet and goat cheese tartines and french toast with pears and pomegranate sauce. Epicurious has recipes featured in magazines such as Gourmet or Bon Apetite. And OH MY GOSH check out the desserts! TO DIE FOR! These are recipes that I cook on weekends when I have dinner parties or fancy brunches. They are really fun to cook, especially if they turn out because it makes you feel like a gourmet chef!

What is your favorite cooking website? Post it in the comments!

1 comment:

Eddie B. said...

Your cooking site is my favorite love! Miss you.