The Pumpkin Series- Back to Basics

pumpkin2


It’s Fall and the holidays are fast approaching which means pumpkins are in season!!! I know you are all probably so sick of pumpkin recipes, and I know I'm way late in the game posting pumpkin recipes but this is my first year blogging and I’ve been busy! So give me a break and pretend you are enjoying reading yet another post about PUMPKINS!!!!!!! I bought some little sugar pumpkins from the grocery store and thought it would be fun to make pumpkin puree from scratch. So here is my recipe for fresh, homemade pumpkin puree and in the posts following this I will show you some of the recipes I made using this pumpkin puree. Yay, I hope your as excited as I am!!!!


before-after


I used three small pumpkins which gave me a little over two cups of pumpkin puree. I cut each pumpkin in half and scooped out the seeds. Then, I placed the halves cut side down on a baking pan and roasted them at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about one hour.


pumpkin puree


Once my pumpkins had cooled I scooped out the flesh into my food processor and blended until nice and creamy. Then I stuck my colander on top of a bowl and placed some paper towels inside. I plopped my pumpkin pulp into the colander and let it drain overnight. When it was finished I was left with smooth, creamy pumpkin puree! Wasn’t that so easy!


recipe

1 comment:

Eddie B. said...

It looks great sweetie. I can't wait to enjoy it in the next dish you make!