TWD- Mint Chocolate-Chocolate Cupcakes

P1020747_ps1

Disclaimer: I am in the process of learning how to use Photoshop CS3 so I’m sorry if my pictures suck! Hopefully they will start looking better soon. CS3 is one complicated program!

I’m sorry I haven’t been posting as frequently and about how boring my posts have been lately. I guess I am in kind of a blogging rut. Because of my eating disorder, I kind of have a love-hate relationship with food. Right now it’s more hate than love so I haven’t been spending as much time in the kitchen. You know how sometimes you just have a fat day? Well I think I’m having a fat month!

This weeks recipe for Tuesdays with Dorie was chosen by Clara at I Heart Food For Thought. Thank you Clara for choosing this recipe! I actually baked these earlier this month for a football party, which is why my cupcake is not decorated for Halloween. I think it would have been so much fun to make an orange white chocolate frosting for these and decorate them as pumpkins! Or put black and orange sprinkles on them! I am actually really excited to see how my other fellow TWDers decorated their cupcakes. You can check out the entries from the other members here.

My friend Miranda had a football party for the San Diego Chargers vs. New England Patriots game a few weeks ago. I thought it was the perfect opportunity to try making these cupcakes. I was in a minty mood so added a little twist by putting mint extract in the batter and the ganache. I didn’t get a chance to try these cupcakes, I was only able to have a bite of one. Personally they were a bit dry for me, I like my desserts super moist and gooey. But everyone else loved them!

You can find the recipe for these cupcakes in the book Baking: From My Home to Yours by Dorie Greenspan or by going to Clara’s Post.

ENJOY!

5 comments:

CB said...

oohhh C3? I wanna learn some photoshop skills too. I hope you make some cupcakes with your Halloween ideas next year. They sound fun! Bummer you're in a baking rut but thanks for baking with me this week!
Clara @ iheartfood4thought

Jamie said...

PS is confusing! I love the addiction of the mint! YUM!

Bungalow Barbara said...

The photo of the shiny glaze is great!

Shari said...

I love chocolate and mint! Great idea!

AmyRuth said...

Mint.... a great flavor pairing with the yummmm chocolate.
Your photo looks great!
AmyRuth